Some of the amazing people I have worked with over the past month:
 |
| The staff of the maternity. They are amazing nurses and midwives and taught me an incredible amount in the short time I worked with them. |
 |
| Dr. Amandine and I pretending to look over a chart. She and I spent hours talking about the injustices of the world and the ways we planned to fix things. |
 |
| Elizabeth, in white, the nurse I worked with in the outpatient Gyn clinic. She kept me moving, gently taught me how to treat various conditions I'd never seen before, and always made me smile. Dr. Sama, in yellow, finished med school last year and is doing a "house officer year" before starting her surgical residency in August. She essentially runs the gyn clinic and works with a confidence and incredible knowledge base that one rarely sees in so new a doctor. She will be one of the first (if not THE first) Cameroonian female surgeons trained in Cameroon. |
 |
| Margaret and Confidence - the women who took care of me while I was here: feeding me, nursing me when I wasn't feeling well and making sure that I always had something to smile about. |
No comments:
Post a Comment