Monday, May 5, 2014
charmed
This little boy, pictured with his mother, totally charmed me from day 1. He came in with a really awful ear infection - pus pouring from his ear and swelling that obscured his jaw line. He is a franco-phone and he and his mom were delighted that I spoke (terrible though it is) French. Everyday, he would tell me he was doing well and ready to go home. And if he hadn't have lived 5 hours from the hospital, I probably would have sent him home a lot sooner. But, we wanted the swelling to go down and make sure that he did okay on just his ear drops before sending him. Today was the day. He pulled out a camera phone and asked to take my picture, and then laughed at me when I proceeded to fix my hair. Unfortunately, he and his mom (or me) couldn't make the camera phone work, so I asked him if I could take his picture. "I will put it on the internet for my family and friends to see." I told him. "Just your family and friends," he asked, "not everyone in America?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This kid will go far.
Post a Comment