Well, I made it back. Fall is in full force here - the air is crisp, but not yet cold, the leaves have begun to turn, and everyone is back in school (especially significant to me, as I live next door to a college campus). One particularly sad thing about being back is that Dr. Pepper is so expensive here as compared to Dallas. While in Dallas I payed $1.07 for my 1.5 fl oz dr. pepper, here it is $1.76. Doesn't seem right.
I took a practice test this past Sunday - it did not go well. My score did not improve at all. This is particularly disconcerting considering the time, expense and effort that went into my time in Texas. I have continued studying regardless. I can't do anything about that test, I can just hope that with more consistent rest, exercise, better food, and a clearer mind I will begin to improve.
I had a massage on Sunday (before the exam, unfortunately, so I can't claim I was too stressed), and the massage therapist, who is also an herbalist and practitioner of chinese medicine recommended Rosemary essential oil, and rescue remedy. She recommended the rosemary for stimulation - "It'll will wake you up when you start to fade" - and for memory, and the rescue remedy for stress and anxiety relief. She also recommended an "immune system builder." This, after she told me that my back and neck were as tight with as many "knots" as some people with severe disabilities and injuries. She also told me my chi was blocked. Now, I don't know that I so much believe in "chi" or the benefits of rescue remedy, immune system builders, or even rosemary (beyond smelling nice), but I do know that the muscles in my back are very tight, and that anxiety and stress can reduce the ability to learn. I also strongly believe in the placebo effect. So, I got the rosemary and the rescue remedy. If nothing else, I like the looks I get when people see me inhaling the stuff in the library. I feel like a lady with the vapors.
1 comment:
I like your little updates on gmail. Hope all is well and studying is going better than you expected. So many people are holding good thoughts and prayers for you. It must mean something good.
Post a Comment