Monday, April 28, 2014

je suis la.


I made it, and the setting is beautiful.  I am going to be spending the next month at Mbingo hospital (http://www.cbchealthservices.org/html/Mbingo.html), in the NorthWest Provence of Cameroon, just outside of Bamenda (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mbingo+Baptist+Hospital/@6.164278,10.289297,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x105f48440af4d925:0x86df12c72907ef97).  The woman who organizes visitors happens to be away at a conference right now, so no one quite seems to know what I will be doing tomorrow.  I also happened to forget several things that would have been good to have: my stethoscope, my white coat, a sweater... but!  I do have a reflex hammer.  It is odd that I remembered the reflex hammer, b/c in the USA I only ever use the side of the bell of my stethoscope to elicit reflexes.  Oh well.  So far the food is good (though disappointingly western) the people are nice, and the water in the bathroom is warm.  Not much more a girl can ask for.  

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Glad you arrived safely, despite your packing problems. I suspect all will be well and those are things you can borrow. Keep the news coming.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures. All the best.

Mike O'Grady said...

Dear Cristin. Best wishes for a safe and wonderful journey. We are proud of you.