Thursday, April 23, 2009

NBME practice

I got the results of the practice board exam I took last week today. The number was not good. Not only did I not pass, I scored far below the average of my fellow classmates. I knew it wouldn't be good - I have not been studying as diligently as I ought to have been - but it still feels pretty awful to have received such a score. Hopefully, this will be the push I need to really get into my studies in this month and a half before the real thing.

My coughing fits have continued unabated this week. They started in January, but seemed to have gotten more frequent and more painful this week. I am turning quite a few heads wherever I go - and causing quite a few people to take a step back. I am told by one of the pulmonologists I work with at the Shattuck that I don't seem to have any sort of infection. He suggested asthma as a possibility. Hopefully, I will be able to get my own PCP to work me up. It is definitely not fun to be wheezing and hacking at all hours of the day and night.

We have left endocrine behind and moved onto reproduction this week. I have decided to go to class this week - last week I barely made it at all. It is a struggle to figure out how to best use my time these days. But, since my mornings tend to be pretty unproductive when I am left to my own devices, I thought I would at least attempt to get something out of the lectures.

No comments: