I gave up Facebook for Lent and thus my procrastination techniques of late have been a bit boring. It used to be that I could could stalk former crushes and people I went to high school with when avoiding my studies. Now, I am bored/depressed by cnn.com, entertained by gossip sites, and intrigued by the articles i read on salon.com.
right now, I should be learning all about what can go wrong with the esophagus. my books are open in front of me, i have working pens in many colors, my tea is warm, and i have plenty of paper. all i really lack is motivation.
I really need to find some motivation soon, though. I will be taking the National Board Exam in June and the results of this exam will play a large part in determining what kind of residency I can apply for. Given my previous not-so-positive encounters with standardized exams, i am not particularly looking forward to this one.
Working with patients continues to be gratifying, and I can't wait until I can do it everyday. What is nice about being in the hospital every Wednesday isn't just the patient interactions though, it is talking with all the guards, doctors, nurses and support staff that people the halls. My life has become pretty small in the past few months as I wear a path between my apartment and the library. I don't get to interact with nearly as wide a variety of people as I did in my former life. I find that I really love meeting new people, learning how to get things done, and figuring out who has the power to get things done, and who just thinks they do.
No comments:
Post a Comment